Thursday, February 5, 2009
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation is a safe non-invasive drug-free method of pain management. It relieves pain by sending small electrical impulses through the electrodes placed on the skin to underlying fibers. TENS works by two different mechanisms. First, electrical stimulation of the nerve fibers can block a pain signal from being carried to the brain. If the signal is blocked, pain is not perceived. Second, the body has its own mechanism for suppressing pain. It does this by releasing natural chemicals called endorphins in the brain which act as analgesics. By effectively managing pain without drugs, TENS allows many people with lower back pain conditions to resume daily activity.
— Relieves lower back pain caused by sore and aching muscles;
TENS Technology stimulates body's natural pain killers;
On demand pain relief where and when you need it;
Stimulates body's natural pain killers; Doctor recommended
* Provides relief of lower back pain associated with sore and aching muscles without the side effects common with some pain relief medications
* Uses TENS Technology (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), an approved non-invasive drug-free method of reducing lower back pain. It sends small electrical impulses though electrodes places on the skin to underlying fibers
* Electrical stimulation of the nerve fibers can block a pain signal from being carried to the brain, and pain is not perceived
* TENS can also trigger your body to release endorphins in the brain which can relieve pain
* Easy-touch, hand-held controls allow you to customize your therapy
* Do not use this system if you have a cardiac pace maker, implanted defibrillator or any other implanted metallic or electronic device. Do not use this System if you have undiagnosed chronic pain. If pregnant, consult physician prior to use.
Also Available is
Sonic Technology's ElectroMassage System Electro Massage Electronic Muscle Massager & Personal Toning, Fitness System with Battery Operated Option
Get a 4 pack of extra electrodes HERE